Tervita has many longstanding partnerships with Indigenous Communities and we strive to maintain these positive relationships by always behaving consistent with our Indigenous Guiding Principles.
We know that these value-added, long-term relationships with communities, Indigenous peoples, regulatory agencies and non-governmental organizations are an integral part of our success as a company, while also supporting the values of our employees and earning our social license to operate.
Indigenous Relations Guiding Principles
Tervita is committed to building positive relationships with Indigenous communities based on respect, trust and open communication.
- Respect - We respect the inherent rights and diversity as asserted by First Nations, Métis and Inuit communities across Canada.
- Community - We support local community initiatives that reflect our commitment to sustainability and the quality of life of communities where we live and work.
- Relationships - Our relationships with these communities are based on the development of new projects and existing operations, as well as community interests.
- Participation - We are an equal-opportunity organization. We encourage Indigenous community members to seek employment and business opportunities with our company.
- Partnerships - We partner with regional and national organizations that foster increased participation of Indigenous community members in our industry.